Monday, May 18, 2009

I love this color combo

I posted a few weeks ago about my favorite combo is black, white and one other color. The one other color usually falls in the red family. This is why I had so much fun playing along StampTV's color challenge this week to use red, black or any shades thereof. I was busy all weekend using this color combo to fill in orders. I love SU's Top note die, but wish it's bigger to use on one edge of the card. So I decided to sketch it digitally, then printed it on the computer in colors I like. I then hand cut them. The paper piercing trails were also hand sketched, then pierced.

I colored the butterfly with some old markers. The results were not what I expected, but love the grunge look.

Stamps: Garden Delights (Inkadinkadoo), Trendy Trees by SU;
Ink: Pink Passion and Basic Black;
Paper: Pink Passion
Ribbon by Joanns, Pearls by Martha Stewart.

Stamps: Best Blossoms by SU;
Ink: Real REd, Rose Romance, Pretty in Pink;
Paper: Real Red
Ribbon by PTI.

Stamps: Polka Dot Punches by SU, Flowers of Happiness by TSG;
Ink: Basic Black;
Paper: Real Red CS and DSP
Ribbon by PTI.

Supplies: Best Blossoms by SU;
Ink: Pink Passion, Rose Romance, Pretty in Pink;
Paper: Pink Passion
Ribbon by PTI.

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Nina,
    Love that look on the first card, sometimes things just work out! Love it! The color combo is great. TFS all your inspirations! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh WOW Nina! What gorgeous cards! My fav is the first one, its sure to please whom ever receives that one! So clean and fresh!
    Keryn :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments.

Related Posts with Thumbnails