Monday, May 18, 2009

Freehand Thank you Card

I've been loving all the birds and branches stamps I see everywhere, but haven't invested in some. I really wanted to make a card using My Cute Card's You're Tweet set, but I will have to wait three more weeks until I get to the US to order some of their really adorable stamps. In the meantime, I decided to freehand draw the branch and my version of the bird for this card. The color inspiration is from Dawn's Raspberry Suite Color Challenge #6:




I first drew my sketch of the branch and bird on the other side, then cut. This card used a lot of scraps, StampTV's Friday Potluck challenge this week. I paper pierced the bottom just for added flair.

Stamps: Curly Label punch set and Trendy Trees by SU
Ink: Basic Brown
Papers: Cameo Coral, Basic Brown, Friends and Flowers SSK by SU, Urban Prairie by Basic Grey
Flowers by Making Memories

Photobucket

13 comments:

  1. this is so awesome! I used to do some scrap booking myself and I'll get into it every once in a while. This is really great and unique. I definitly enjoy the colors as well. good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a fun card ! I love how you did the branch ! What a great way to use up some scraps! I should try this ... I have tons ! And yes , regarding your comment on my blog, you can use my notebook design using your digi image . I'd be humbly honored .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Nina. I took advantage of your free digi....saw it on Crystal's blog. Thanks so much! Crystal made it look so beautiful. Can't wait to try it myself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the dry embossed accents. Way to rock the color combo.

    It's a good life!
    Terri E.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nina, Such a cute card! I love the color comb and you did a great job with the branch and bird!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute! Great job on the branch! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great job of making it work for you! Love your hand cut branch and bird, all the patterns and textures! :>

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your card, so pretty.
    Hugs
    Inge
    SBS 28

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your card is DARLING!! Love your branch and bird! They turned out wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your card is lovely! Your little bird is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  11. scrapilicious! How cute is that?! The flowers with the buttons are also a cute touch!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments.

Related Posts with Thumbnails