Saturday, May 23, 2009

My first exciting news this week

I am so thrilled to be the Guest DT for Card Patterns this week. I won this spot with this card. I've never been a guest DT before, so this is really exciting. Here's the sketch for this week.


I was so excited I made two cards. I used a beautiful floral digital image from The DigiShack store. For the first one, I colored the image with reinkers and use it as background paper. The curvy edge was sketched by me on the computer, then hand cut.

For the second one, I changed the color of the image to red using Microsoft Publisher, printed it on So Saffron cardstock and used it as a BG paper. I also printed out two stanzas of one of my favorite songs, a modern hymn called How Deep The Father's Love For Us (read the story behind the song here) by Stuart Townend. The words are just awesome.


I made this card to be doubled as a wall hanging by sliding a ribbon inside, as sampled here. I make this type of cards frequently and love receiving them too.


Supplies for Butterfly Card
Stamps: Garden Delights by Inkinkadoo
Inks: Old Olive, Summer Sun, Mint Melody
Paper: Old Olive, Summer Sun
Others: Olive ribbon, silver pearls, paper piercer

Supplies for How Deep Card
Papers: So Saffron, Bailey Collection by KI & Co
Others: Prima flower, Melon Berry buttons by PTI


Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. You are sooooo talented, lady!! Congrats to you....you so deserve it!! Have a great day!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! I love all your cards these two are beautiful!! Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. congratulations. Great choice in choosing you for their guest designer. Your cards are beautiful as always. I love the card/wall hanging. It's brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nina - I love these cards! They are so beautiful. Can you tell me the name of that digi stamp? I've tried to locate it on their website, but cannot find it and if I could ask for it by name, maybe they can find it for me. Thank you soooooo much! ~chris

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, Nina ! I love , love, love those cards , your color combos and those wonderful sentiments!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments.

Related Posts with Thumbnails